Sunday, October 14, 2012

万平ホテル Mampei Hotel which John Lennon loved

万平ホテル(Mampei Hotel) is the classic hotel which was founded 118 years ago.
The hotel has followed with the history of Karuizawa.
Many honored guests have visited to the hotel.
John Lennon is also such one of them.

The hotel has solemn but snug atmosphere.

The lighting are so impressive.

The staff kindly checked the fares of my nonstandard‐size mails to US.

The classical cloak reminds you the old good days.

So quiet and graceful place.

There is still the chief bartender who is from the John Lennon era.
Unfortunately, the day was reserved for a group.

Wanna get the special souvenirs from the hotel?

I love the antique wooden color.

The glass windows are done the beautiful work.




万平ホテル Mampei Hotel
Tel : 0267-42-1234
add : 925 Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano

2 comments:

  1. Utterly magical place. I went there with my wife and daughter and rode around on rented bikes, so we had a similar experience to John. It reminded me of England and Scotland. Awesome fresh air and total silence. I also took pictures of those windows. I hope they were there when John was there - I am sure he would have liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...